The program "Integration through the exchange of experiences in the education of young Roma" (Romani Ambassadors) is a youth exchange initiative, funded by the Erasmus+ program and the Center for International Cooperation in Education (DZS) by the Czech Republic. The aim of the action is to examine, analyze and exchange experiences between experts, mediators and teachers in the field of education and employment opportunities for Roma. The project aims to prepare a strategy paper on Roma inclusion through education and a training guide for Roma mediators in employment.
The project is attended by the organizations o.p.s. (Bulgaria), Rinascita Sociale Salam House (Italy), JOVENES (Czech republic) as applicants and project partners of eduACT (Greece), ASOCIATIA MERGI INAINTE (Romania), UC Limburg (Belgium), INSTITOYTO PSYCHOKOINONISIS GROUP (Greece), OECON GROUP(Bulgaria), Rinascita Sociale Salam House (Italy), JOVENES HACIA LA SOLIDARIDAD Y EL DESARROLLO (Spain), Thirst for Life Association (Bulgaria) and UET Center (Albania).
Roma Ambassadors, "Integration through the exchange of experiences in the education of young Roma" have as main objective the implementation of training opportunities that promote the development of the Roma population and the integration into both education and the job market.
- Improving the training of trainers and mediators in the field of education of young Roma. That way, they help reform the policy and implement the EU's ambition to integrate the Roma community.
- Promoting job opportunities for the Roma community.
- Kick-off meeting, (April 2018, Czech Republic):The main purpose of this meeting was to get acquainted with the structure of the project, as well as the responsibilities of each of the participating partners.
- First training of Roma trainers and mediators, “Expressing the EU's ambition: educating Roma 2018-2028” (July 2018, Romania):During the training of trainers and Roma mediators, experts, professionals, teachers and representatives of education will share the experience and information on educational improvements and curriculum reforms, and ensuring consistent educational improvements and other opportunities and expertise in transferring these skills and competences to others.
- Second Training of Roma Trainers and Mediators, “Expressing the EU's Ambition: Roma Education 2018-2028” (October / November 2018, Czech Republic): The training will focus on educating young Roma on entrepreneurship foundations, job market opportunities (lifelong learning, employment mediation, youth support initiatives).
- Final meeting (January 2019, Italy):This meeting will bring together the results and conclusions of the project.
- Supporting the fight against all forms of anti-gypsyism in education and employment.
- Support for the participation of Roma youth in public spaces and in education.
- Increasing the participation of Roma youth and children in education and employment.
You can read more here!